Man Gets 40 Years Jail For Purse Snatching
FORT WORTH (AP) – A Texas man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for stealing a woman’s purse outside a grocery store.
A Tarrant County jury on Thursday handed down the sentence to 49-year-old Michael Wayne Perry. He will have to spend at least 10 year in prison before he’s eligible for parole.
Perry has three past convictions for theft and one for credit card abuse.
He pleaded guilty to charges on Tuesday for the 2012 theft. A woman was leaving a grocery store in Arlington when Perry pinned her against her car and took her purse.
Police were able to locate Perry by the tracking device on the woman’s phone.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Roddy Piper
- Big Rig Overturns On Fort Worth Interstate
- McKinney To Compete With Neighbors For Retail Business
- Differing Accounts In Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Wrestling Legend ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper Dies At Age 61
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures