New Toyota Minivan Makes It Easier To Yell At Kids
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
Get Breaking News First
PLANO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Toyota wants to help parents scream at their unruly kids.
The latest version of the company’s Sienna minivan has a feature called “Driver Easy Speak.” It uses a built-in microphone to amplify a parent’s voice through speakers in the back seats. It works only one way, so children can’t talk back.
At least not with amplified voices.
The feature is an option on the 2015 Sienna, which is being refreshed with a totally new interior.
Analysts say such features are needed to help make out-of-fashion minivans more appealing to buyers.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Court Declines To Stop North Texas Woman’s Execution
- Cowboys Jerry: Basking In The Romo Balance
- Police Association Reveals DPD Reform Plan
- Texas Worker Charged With Tampering With Pizza
- Jerry Jones On Support For Goodell: ‘His Heart Is On The Game’
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures