PLANO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Toyota wants to help parents scream at their unruly kids.
The latest version of the company’s Sienna minivan has a feature called “Driver Easy Speak.” It uses a built-in microphone to amplify a parent’s voice through speakers in the back seats. It works only one way, so children can’t talk back.
At least not with amplified voices.
The feature is an option on the 2015 Sienna, which is being refreshed with a totally new interior.
Analysts say such features are needed to help make out-of-fashion minivans more appealing to buyers.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Gene Cernan, Last Astronaut On Moon, Dies At 82
- Argyle Company To Play Big Role At Trump Inauguration
- Texas Senator Wants Cannon To Be Official Gun For The State
- Dallas Police Seek Suspect In MetroPCS Robbery
- Villanova Jumps Kansas, Moves Back To No. 1 In AP Basketball Poll
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures