PLANO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Toyota wants to help parents scream at their unruly kids.
The latest version of the company’s Sienna minivan has a feature called “Driver Easy Speak.” It uses a built-in microphone to amplify a parent’s voice through speakers in the back seats. It works only one way, so children can’t talk back.
At least not with amplified voices.
The feature is an option on the 2015 Sienna, which is being refreshed with a totally new interior.
Analysts say such features are needed to help make out-of-fashion minivans more appealing to buyers.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Horses Find Sanctuary At Lone Star Rescue Ranch
- Barry Switzer Makes Case To Trump For ‘Secretary Of Offense’
- ‘Greenery’ Selected As 2017 Color Of The Year
- Study Lists States Where Drivers Are Most Dangerous
- Trump Picks Former WWE CEO For Small Business Leader
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures