PLANO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Toyota wants to help parents scream at their unruly kids.
The latest version of the company’s Sienna minivan has a feature called “Driver Easy Speak.” It uses a built-in microphone to amplify a parent’s voice through speakers in the back seats. It works only one way, so children can’t talk back.
At least not with amplified voices.
The feature is an option on the 2015 Sienna, which is being refreshed with a totally new interior.
Analysts say such features are needed to help make out-of-fashion minivans more appealing to buyers.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Agents In South Texas Seize $16M In Counterfeit-Label Items
- Donald Glover Cool With His Lando Calrissian Being Pansexual In “Solo”
- JC Penney Shares Plunge After CEO Ellison Departs For Lowe’s
- Summer Learning Can Be Fun With The Proper Planning
- Martinez & Betts Powering Red Sox To Top Of AL East
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures