FRISCO (AP) – Andres Escobar and Tesho Akindele scored and FC Dallas handed New England its seventh-consecutive loss, 2-0 on Saturday.
FC Dallas (8-7-5) ran its undefeated streak to five games and handed New England (7-10-2) its longest losing streak in the post-shootout era. The Revolution’s club record for consecutive losses is nine.
Escobar sent home a shot in the 29th minute for a 1-0 lead. Escobar grabbed a rebound outside the penalty box, took on two defenders and worked his way to the corner of the 6-yard box for the shot. His teammate Tesho Akindele started the sequence by hitting the crossbar on a shot.
Akindele won a one-on-one fast-break battle against Andrew Farrell in the 91st minute. He squeezed home a shot to the near post past Revolution goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Bridge To Reopen After June Crash
- Keidel: Refs Cost Lions A Win Over Falcons
- 3 Men Wanted For Burglarizing Dallas Grocery Store
- Court: Texas Can Enforce More Of ‘Sanctuary Cities’ Law
- Cowboys Sources: Plan For ‘Unity’ During Tonight’s Anthem
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures