McIlroy Dominates At British Open
HOYLAKE, England (AP) - Rory McIlroy completed a wire-to-wire victory Sunday in the British Open to capture the third leg of the career Grand Slam.
McIlroy led by six shots going into the final round and never let anyone closer than two shots. He closed with a 1-under 71 for a two-shot victory over Sergio Garcia and Rickie Fowler.
Garcia put up the biggest fight. He was two shots behind when he left a shot in the pot bunker right of the 15th green and made bogey. Birdies on two of the last three holes were not enough to catch McIlroy.
McIlroy won the 2011 U.S. Open and the 2012 PGA Championship. He joins Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods as the only players with three different majors at age 25 or younger.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Video Prompts Suspension Of Two College Police Officers
- Arlington Teen Injured In Hit-And-Run Accident
- Injured Vietnam Vet Still Fighting To Get Purple Heart
- Texas Health Commissioner Still On Job After Scathing Report
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures