DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Coach Art Briles and Baylor arrived at Big 12 football media days as defending champions for the first time.
Briles says 2013 is gone forever, and there’s no defending a championship that can never be taken away from the Bears. He says his team learned how to win at the highest level and will attack 2014 like every other team and try to win another one.
Even with quarterback Bryce Petty and receiver Antwan Goodley back, Baylor is picked second this year behind favored Oklahoma.
Kansas coach Charlie Weis, with only four wins his first two seasons, said Monday that expectations are clearly defined for his team. But he isn’t saying publicly what they are.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- TCU Falls To Coastal Carolina 4-1
- LGBT Community Getting Armed
- Fireworks Stand To Open In McKinney Neighborhood
- Briles Officially Out At Baylor After Sexual Assault Scandal
- Judge Blocks Planned Sale Of Whitney Houston’s Emmy