Baylor Has Different Take Defending Big 12 Title
DALLAS, Texas (AP) – Coach Art Briles and Baylor arrived at Big 12 football media days as defending champions for the first time.
Briles says 2013 is gone forever, and there’s no defending a championship that can never be taken away from the Bears. He says his team learned how to win at the highest level and will attack 2014 like every other team and try to win another one.
Even with quarterback Bryce Petty and receiver Antwan Goodley back, Baylor is picked second this year behind favored Oklahoma.
Kansas coach Charlie Weis, with only four wins his first two seasons, said Monday that expectations are clearly defined for his team. But he isn’t saying publicly what they are.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Residents Warn Of Danger Days Before Controversial Drawing Contest
- Garland Officer Receiving Accolades After Take Down Of Suspects
- Mother Of One Shooting Suspect Believes Son Was Brainwashed
- How Long Will It Take Police To Get To You In An Emergency?
- Local Defensive Standout Prepares For NFL Rookie Camp