FC Dallas’ Thomas Out For Year After Knee Surgery
FRISCO (AP) — FC Dallas midfielder Hendry Thomas will miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery for a torn ligament in his left knee.
Thomas is expected to miss six to eight months after surgery Monday to repair the torn anterior cruciate ligament. He injured the knee in a 5-2 win over Carolina in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open Cup on July 9.
The 29-year-old Thomas came to FC Dallas in a trade with Colorado in February. The Honduran began his career with Club Deportivo Olimpia in his home country in 2001.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Keidel: LeBron James Vs. Michael Jordan
- Dallas High School Recalls Yearbooks Due To ‘Inappropriate Material’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: May 18th-May 22nd
- Dallas Teen Gets Maximum Sentence For Drowning Baby
- North Texas Man Set To Die June 3 Loses Federal Appeal