FRISCO (AP) — FC Dallas midfielder Hendry Thomas will miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery for a torn ligament in his left knee.
Thomas is expected to miss six to eight months after surgery Monday to repair the torn anterior cruciate ligament. He injured the knee in a 5-2 win over Carolina in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open Cup on July 9.
The 29-year-old Thomas came to FC Dallas in a trade with Colorado in February. The Honduran began his career with Club Deportivo Olimpia in his home country in 2001.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bitter Cold Weather Can Make Common Ailments Even Worse
- Cowboys Rookies Get Another Crack At Giants
- Rangers & Braves Swap 3 Young Pitchers
- Oklahoma’s Westbrook Named Top College Receiver
- Longhorns RB Foreman Wins Doak Walker Award