FRISCO (AP) — FC Dallas midfielder Hendry Thomas will miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery for a torn ligament in his left knee.
Thomas is expected to miss six to eight months after surgery Monday to repair the torn anterior cruciate ligament. He injured the knee in a 5-2 win over Carolina in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open Cup on July 9.
The 29-year-old Thomas came to FC Dallas in a trade with Colorado in February. The Honduran began his career with Club Deportivo Olimpia in his home country in 2001.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Taco Charlton Already Getting Taco Endorsement Calls
- Jimmy John’s Employee Keeps His Cool With Gun In His Face
- Report: Larry Bird Steps Down As Indiana Pacers President
- Man Arrested In Death Of Molly Matheson Identified
- NFL’s Wild Opening Round Could Yield More Surprises On Day 2