CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) – Johnny Manziel is No. 2 on Cleveland’s depth chart but No. 1 as the NFL’s top-selling jersey.
The league said Monday the rookie quarterback’s No. 2 jersey outsold all others from April 1 to July 17 on NFLShop.com.
Manziel is followed on the list by three quarterbacks: Seattle’s Russell Wilson, San Francisco’s Colin Kapernick and Denver’s Peyton Manning. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is fifth followed by St. Louis rookie Michael Sam, the league’s first openly gay player.
The league did not say how many Manziel jerseys – priced at $99.95 a pop – sold during the period.
The Browns drafted the former Texas A&M star with the No. 22 pick. He’ll enter his first training camp as Brian Hoyer’s backup.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gas Prices Across Texas & Nationwide Drop 3 Cents This Week
- Braves Stripped Of 13 Prospects, Former GM Coppolella Banned For Life
- No. 25 Alabama Squeaks By UT-Arlington 77-76
- McClure Helps No. 22 Baylor Rally Past Creighton, 65-59
- Garland Black Friday Shopper Has Been In Front Of Best Buy For Days