CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) – Johnny Manziel is No. 2 on Cleveland’s depth chart but No. 1 as the NFL’s top-selling jersey.
The league said Monday the rookie quarterback’s No. 2 jersey outsold all others from April 1 to July 17 on NFLShop.com.
Manziel is followed on the list by three quarterbacks: Seattle’s Russell Wilson, San Francisco’s Colin Kapernick and Denver’s Peyton Manning. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is fifth followed by St. Louis rookie Michael Sam, the league’s first openly gay player.
The league did not say how many Manziel jerseys – priced at $99.95 a pop – sold during the period.
The Browns drafted the former Texas A&M star with the No. 22 pick. He’ll enter his first training camp as Brian Hoyer’s backup.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Cons Salesman Out Of $150K Maserati
- Police: Car Plows Into Parade Crowd In New Orleans
- Green Card Holders Take One Step Closer To Citizenship
- Transgender Boy In Texas Wins State Girls Wrestling Title
- Trump Announces He Won’t Be Attending White House Correspondents’ Dinner