NFL’s Top-Selling Jersey Belongs To Manziel
CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) – Johnny Manziel is No. 2 on Cleveland’s depth chart but No. 1 as the NFL’s top-selling jersey.
The league said Monday the rookie quarterback’s No. 2 jersey outsold all others from April 1 to July 17 on NFLShop.com.
Manziel is followed on the list by three quarterbacks: Seattle’s Russell Wilson, San Francisco’s Colin Kapernick and Denver’s Peyton Manning. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman is fifth followed by St. Louis rookie Michael Sam, the league’s first openly gay player.
The league did not say how many Manziel jerseys – priced at $99.95 a pop – sold during the period.
The Browns drafted the former Texas A&M star with the No. 22 pick. He’ll enter his first training camp as Brian Hoyer’s backup.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rangers Drop First Preseason Game To KC Royals 13-2
- Carbon Monoxide Leak Closes DISD Elementary School For 2nd Day
- Roger Goodell Accepts Responsibility For Seating Problem
- Vikings To Meet With Adrian Peterson On Wednesday
- Texan Arrested With Sword In Cane, Trying To Visit Jailed Son