Prime Prep Board Meeting Postponed
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Prime Prep Academy board members have postponed tonight’s meeting to discuss the future of the school, co-founded by former Dallas Cowboy Deion Sanders.
Board members were slated to meet Monday night for the first time since the Texas Education Agency started the process to revoke the school’s charter.
The TEA claims the school mishandled money for a student meals program. Leaders of Prime Prep maintain the school has implemented proper financial protocols and is on the path to improvement.
Sanders attributes the school’s problems to D.L. Wallace, another co-founder of the school. Sanders says Wallace is no longer affiliated with the school.
The meeting, originally scheduled for 7 p.m., has been postponed to an undetermined date.
“We are having to postpone tonight’s meeting because we do not have a quorum,” says board chair T. Chris Lewis.
One of the school’s six board members is in the hospital after giving birth. Two others are unavailable.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Consumer Alert: Another Road Block In Air Bags Recall
- Washington Post Editor Ben Bradlee Dies At 93
- Top 5 Places To Look For Hidden Fees & How To Avoid Them
- Kimberly-Clark To Cut Up To 1,300 Jobs
- Beware Of Imposter Uber Drivers
- House Teetering On Cliff Gets Burned Down
- Sheriff Likens Immigration To Hurricane Katrina
- Couple Files Suit After Doctors Remove Wrong Kidney
- Dallas Center Offers ‘Thigh Gap’ Therapy
- Perry Gives Impression He’ll Run For President