AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas quarterback David Ash has been cleared to participate in contact drills when the Longhorns return for training camp.
Ash missed most of last season with concussion symptoms and missed part of spring drills with a broken left foot.
Trainer Anthony Pass also cleared sophomore running back Johnathan Gray, who missed part of last season with an Achilles tendon injury. Senior linebacker Jordan Hicks, who had hip and Achilles tendon injuries the last two seasons, also has been cleared to practice.
Texas starts the season under new coach Charlie Strong on Aug. 30 at home against North Texas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Don’t Underestimate The Warriors Like I Did
- Bautista On Odor Punch: ‘He Was Looking For A Fight’
- This Week In Golf: Spieth Puts It Together To Win Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- Lundquist To Step Down From “SEC On CBS” After 2016
- When Top Prospects Get The Call, What Should Fantasy Baseball Owners Do?