AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas quarterback David Ash has been cleared to participate in contact drills when the Longhorns return for training camp.
Ash missed most of last season with concussion symptoms and missed part of spring drills with a broken left foot.
Trainer Anthony Pass also cleared sophomore running back Johnathan Gray, who missed part of last season with an Achilles tendon injury. Senior linebacker Jordan Hicks, who had hip and Achilles tendon injuries the last two seasons, also has been cleared to practice.
Texas starts the season under new coach Charlie Strong on Aug. 30 at home against North Texas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lucky Whitehead Cleared By Police But Still Out Of A Job
- Study: 99 Percent Of Deceased NFL Players Had Brain Damage
- Cowboys Corner Lewis Found Not Guilty On Assault Charges
- 2017 Mid-American Conference Football Preview: West Division
- Cowboys Agree To Extension With La’el Collins