NEW YORK (AP) – The Rangers have activated outfielder-first baseman Jim Adduci from the 15-day disabled list.
Adduci has been out since breaking his left pinkie sliding into second base on April 17. He re-injured the finger during a rehabilitation assignment in June.
Adduci is set to start in left field and bat seventh Monday for Texas in the opener of a four-game series against the New York Yankees. Manager Ron Washington says the second-year player should also see time at first base and as designated hitter.
To make room for Adduci on Monday, the Rangers sent right-hander Matt West to Triple-A Round Rock.
The Rangers will have to make another move Tuesday. They plan to activate right-hander Nick Martinez from the DL to start against the Yankees. Martinez (1-6) has been out since July 2 with discomfort on his left side.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Russell Simmons Says He Will Defend Himself Following Rape Claims
- Cowboys & Raiders Hope To Salvage Their Disappointing Seasons
- Zac Brown Band To Perform National Anthem At College Football Title Game
- Rubio Threat On Child Tax Credit Puts Bump In GOP Tax Path
- Arlington Police Warning Car Shoppers About Used Car Scam