NEW YORK (AP) – The Rangers have activated outfielder-first baseman Jim Adduci from the 15-day disabled list.
Adduci has been out since breaking his left pinkie sliding into second base on April 17. He re-injured the finger during a rehabilitation assignment in June.
Adduci is set to start in left field and bat seventh Monday for Texas in the opener of a four-game series against the New York Yankees. Manager Ron Washington says the second-year player should also see time at first base and as designated hitter.
To make room for Adduci on Monday, the Rangers sent right-hander Matt West to Triple-A Round Rock.
The Rangers will have to make another move Tuesday. They plan to activate right-hander Nick Martinez from the DL to start against the Yankees. Martinez (1-6) has been out since July 2 with discomfort on his left side.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Plano Football Coaches Apologize For Dirty Hit In Denton Game
- Crime Spree Leaves Man Dead In Dallas And In Cedar Hill
- North Texas Wedding Photographer Ruins Brides Big Day
- At Each Other From The Start: Clinton, Trump Debate
- Dallas Police And Fire Pension Struggling