NEW YORK (AP) – The Rangers have activated outfielder-first baseman Jim Adduci from the 15-day disabled list.
Adduci has been out since breaking his left pinkie sliding into second base on April 17. He re-injured the finger during a rehabilitation assignment in June.
Adduci is set to start in left field and bat seventh Monday for Texas in the opener of a four-game series against the New York Yankees. Manager Ron Washington says the second-year player should also see time at first base and as designated hitter.
To make room for Adduci on Monday, the Rangers sent right-hander Matt West to Triple-A Round Rock.
The Rangers will have to make another move Tuesday. They plan to activate right-hander Nick Martinez from the DL to start against the Yankees. Martinez (1-6) has been out since July 2 with discomfort on his left side.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Still Investigating At Home Of Suspected Austin Bomber
- NCAA Tournament 2018 TV schedule: Each March Madness Sweet 16 games ranked 1-8
- Gravel Hauler Crashes Into I-20 Sign, Spills Rocks Over Freeway
- Storm Drops Record-Breaking Rain In Parts Of California
- Kevin Smith Loses More Weight After Suffering Heart Attack