DALLAS (AP) — The Big 12 Conference has assigned a female official to work one of its games for the first time in league history.
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Monday that Catherine “Cat” Conti will be on the crew for Kansas’ season opener at home Sept. 6 against Southeast Missouri State.
While calling this a good opportunity for Conti and the league, Bowlsby says Big 12 officiating supervisor Walt Anderson assigned Conti “because she is just a darned good official.”
Bowlsby says Conti, a Southland Conference official, has paid her dues.
Kansas coach Charlie Weis jokingly said he’ll try not to use as many curse words during the game.
- Dallas Mavericks Report Inappropriate Behavior, Domestic Violence By Former Employees
- Rangers Hungry To Get Back To Leading AL West
- Bucs Release RB Doug Martin After Disappointing Season
- Texans Release Veteran Linebacker Brian Cushing
- Spring Training Report: The Boys Are Back In Town