DALLAS (AP) — The Big 12 Conference has assigned a female official to work one of its games for the first time in league history.
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Monday that Catherine “Cat” Conti will be on the crew for Kansas’ season opener at home Sept. 6 against Southeast Missouri State.
While calling this a good opportunity for Conti and the league, Bowlsby says Big 12 officiating supervisor Walt Anderson assigned Conti “because she is just a darned good official.”
Bowlsby says Conti, a Southland Conference official, has paid her dues.
Kansas coach Charlie Weis jokingly said he’ll try not to use as many curse words during the game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hello, Win Column: Should The Rangers Go To A Six-Man Rotation?
- Deron Williams Shares Special Bond With Autistic Son
- Stars Fan Roundtable With Jonathon Shipman
- Shippy & Luds – In The 5 Hole: Preview Of Stars & Blues Series
- Goodell Says NFL Ready To Move Past ‘Deflategate’