DALLAS (AP) — Baylor coach Art Briles says Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher needs to worry about the ACC — and not how the Big 12 determines its champion.
Fisher, whose Seminoles are defending national champs, said Monday at ACC Media Days in Greensboro, North Carolina, that he believes every conference should have a championship game.
When told of the comments at Big 12 Media Days, Briles responded that he’s only concerned about his defending Big 12 champion Bears and not what Florida State and the ACC are doing.
Baylor won its first Big 12 title last season, going 8-1 in the 10-team league while playing every conference opponent.
The Seminoles went 8-0 in the 14-team ACC last season before beating Duke in the league’s championship game.
Florida State opens this season Aug. 30 against Big 12 team Oklahoma State in Arlington, Texas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title