DL Stansbury Leaves Aggies; DB Davis Arrested
COLLEGE STATION (AP) – Texas A&M defensive lineman Gavin Stansbury has left the team to focus on what coach Kevin Sumlin calls “personal issues.”
Stansbury had been a starter on last season’s Aggies’ defensive front, playing in 10 games and recording 47 total tackles and three sacks. Sumlin did not elaborate the personal matters Stansbury was addressing.
In April, Stansbury was arrested and charged in Harris County with misdemeanor assault after a Rice University student accused him of pouring beer on the student’s head and punching him in the face. Stansbury’s attorney has said the charge is a case of mistaken identity.
Sumlin also confirmed in a statement that freshman defensive back Victor Davis has been suspended from the team after his recent arrest in his hometown of Rosenberg on a shoplifting charge.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Jamaal Charles, Chiefs Defense And Andre Holmes
- Streaking UFC Fighter Cub Swanson Looks To Secure Title Shot
- NFLPA Appeals Adrian Peterson’s Suspension
- Heisman Watch: J.T. Barrett Has Led Ohio State’s Resurrection As Playoff Contender
- Hendrick Motorsports Gives Kasey Kahne 3-Year Extension