COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Texas A&M defensive lineman Gavin Stansbury has left the team to focus on what coach Kevin Sumlin calls “personal issues.”
Stansbury had been a starter on last season’s Aggies’ defensive front, playing in 10 games and recording 47 total tackles and three sacks. Sumlin did not elaborate the personal matters Stansbury was addressing.
In April, Stansbury was arrested and charged in Harris County with misdemeanor assault after a Rice University student accused him of pouring beer on the student’s head and punching him in the face. Stansbury’s attorney has said the charge is a case of mistaken identity.
Sumlin also confirmed in a statement that freshman defensive back Victor Davis has been suspended from the team after his recent arrest in his hometown of Rosenberg on a shoplifting charge.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Choo New Top HR Hitter From Asia, Lifts Texas Over KC In 10
- Rockets Lose Chris Paul To Hamstring Injury; Vow To Dig In For Game 6
- Terrell Owens Graces ‘Madden 19: Hall Of Fame Edition’ Cover In Cowboys Uniform
- Stream The Fort Worth Invitational
- Doxakis, Texas A&M Shut Down Auburn, 4-2 In SEC