Fruit Recall Affects Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Costco And Kroger Stores
CBS DFW (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSDFW.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSDFW.com/Health
The Food and Drug Administration announced Tuesday the voluntary recall affected plums, peaches, nectarines, and pluots processed at the Wawona Packing Company between June 1 -July 12.
In a statement, the company said an Australian importer found “trace amounts” on July 10 of listeria on a shipment. A lab then confirmed the bacteria’s presence on fruit at the company plant in California. The company says, it sold shipments of the fruit to Walmart, Kroger, Costco, and Trader Joe’s across the country.
“I think we’ll be avoiding those fruits for a little while, until it all blows over,” said Allison Turner, as she was grocery shopping Tuesday afternoon.
Recall or not, Turner takes steps to keep her family safe. “We’re the kind of family — I wash all the fruit that we get. I’m very particular. Soap and water, everything. Definitely don’t eat it right off the shelf,” she said.
The FDA says, so far, no illnesses are linked to the recall.
Symptoms of listeria to watch for include: high fever, severe headache, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Wawona Packing shut down its facility on July 12, sanitized its equipment, and performed new tests that turned up negative for listeria.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- “Survivor: San Juan Del Sur” Names Winner
- Texas Troopers Increase Patrols Over Holidays
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Titans’ Bishop Sankey And Jaguars’ Allen Hurns
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks Titans Vs. Jaguars On Thursday Night Football
- Ford Expands Air Bag Recall Nationwide
- House Teetering On Cliff Gets Burned Down
- Sheriff Likens Immigration To Hurricane Katrina
- Couple Files Suit After Doctors Remove Wrong Kidney
- Dallas Center Offers ‘Thigh Gap’ Therapy
- Perry Gives Impression He’ll Run For President