NEW YORK (AP) – Texas Rangers catcher Geovany Soto has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right groin, less than a week after he returned from right knee surgery.
It’s the latest disheartening injury for the Rangers in a dreadful season full of them. Soto got hurt running the bases Monday night and left a 4-2 victory over the Yankees.
The move opened a roster spot for right-hander Nick Martinez, reinstated from the disabled list to start Tuesday night against New York.
Martinez was injured taking batting practice and had been sidelined since July 2 with discomfort on his left side.
Soto had surgery in March and was not activated until last Thursday during the All-Star break. He started three games behind the plate and was 4 for 11 (.364) with a double and an RBI
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Welterweight Title Fight Between Keith Thurman And Danny Garcia To Air In Primetime On CBS
- Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas, Nationwide Down This Week
- Cause Of Death Of “The Strong Arm” Attorney Determined
- Rick Perry’s Energy Secretary Confirmation Hearing Underway
- Houston Flooding Causes Release Of 1M Gallons Of Wastewater