NEW YORK (AP) – Texas Rangers catcher Geovany Soto has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right groin, less than a week after he returned from right knee surgery.
It’s the latest disheartening injury for the Rangers in a dreadful season full of them. Soto got hurt running the bases Monday night and left a 4-2 victory over the Yankees.
The move opened a roster spot for right-hander Nick Martinez, reinstated from the disabled list to start Tuesday night against New York.
Martinez was injured taking batting practice and had been sidelined since July 2 with discomfort on his left side.
Soto had surgery in March and was not activated until last Thursday during the All-Star break. He started three games behind the plate and was 4 for 11 (.364) with a double and an RBI
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top High School Basketball Player Collapses, Dies During Nike Event
- Will Power Wins Indy 500, No. 17 For Car Owner Roger Penske
- Klay Thompson Has 35, Warriors Force Game 7 In West Finals
- ‘Solo’ Sputters In Takeoff With $83.3M At Box Office
- Man Shot By Police After Trying To Take Officer’s Weapon During Fight