Rangers Put Soto On DL, Activate RHP Martinez
NEW YORK (AP) – Texas Rangers catcher Geovany Soto has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right groin, less than a week after he returned from right knee surgery.
It’s the latest disheartening injury for the Rangers in a dreadful season full of them. Soto got hurt running the bases Monday night and left a 4-2 victory over the Yankees.
The move opened a roster spot for right-hander Nick Martinez, reinstated from the disabled list to start Tuesday night against New York.
Martinez was injured taking batting practice and had been sidelined since July 2 with discomfort on his left side.
Soto had surgery in March and was not activated until last Thursday during the All-Star break. He started three games behind the plate and was 4 for 11 (.364) with a double and an RBI
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Corps Decides Against Releasing More Water From Lake Lewisville
- Dallas Police Asking For Hundreds More Body Cams
- Nimitz High Classmates React To Student Murder
- Texas Senate OKs Wrongful Conviction Exoneration Commission
- Widow Files Lawsuit Against Fort Worth Police, Says Husband Was Unarmed