THE COLONY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A man pulled over in The Colony winds up behind bars, for failing to pay his toll-road bill.
41-year-old Robert Dupree had four outstanding warrants for not paying the money he owed to the NTTA – along with some other outstanding warrants, so when he was recently pulled over on a routine traffic stop, the officer took him to jail.
The Colony Police Lieutenant Darren Brockway says for cities along NTTA roads, it’s a growing problem.
“We are seeing an increase of these type of warrants for people who fail to pay their tolls” said Brockway.
Dupree has since bonded out of jail.
Lieutenant Brockaway says there is usually an extensive effort to collect by the NTTA before they go a justice of the peace for a warrant.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Prince Is Being Added To The Apollo Theater’s Walk Of Fame
- Jim Nantz On Wells Fargo Championship: ‘Has A Big-Time Feel To It’
- Kasich Dropping Out Of Republican Presidential Race
- NFL Warns Players About Eating Steroid Tainted Meat
- Big Rig Crash Blocks Fort Worth Highway For Hours