DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM.AP) — After scrapping a deal with veteran free agent Rashard Lewis earlier in the day, the Dallas Mavericks have added free-agent forward Al-Farouq Aminu.
Aminu’s agent, Raymond Brothers, confirmed the agreement Wednesday. It’s a two-year contract for the veteran minimum of $2.1 million, with a player option on the second season.
Aminu has career averages of 6.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in four seasons with the Los Angeles Clippers and New Orleans. His best year was with the Pelicans in 2012-13, when he averaged career highs of 7.3 points and 7.7 rebounds.
The Mavericks signed Lewis to a one-year deal over the weekend but voided it when a physical showed that the 34-year-old needed surgery on his right knee.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Corruption Trial Of Dallas Commissioner John Wiley Price Begins
- Texas Attorney, Several Others Dead After Plane Crashes Into Australian Mall
- School Districts: Student Walkouts & Campus Violence Must End
- Deshaun Watson Plans To Fully Participate In NFL Combine
- Hervey, UTA Beat Georgia Southern For 7th Straight Win