One Dead, One Injured In Head-On Collision In Wylie
WYLIE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman is dead and another person badly injured after a heavy duty hauler slammed into their car on Highway 78 in Wylie late Wednesday morning.
Stewart McKenzie (@CBS11Stew) July 23, 2014
According to police, a four-door Nissan driven by 77-year old Dannie Jackson of Wylie pulled in front of a northbound, fully loaded tractor-trailer and was broadsided on the passenger side.
The passenger in the Nissan, Jonel Brown McGehee, 83, of Wylie, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police reports say during the crash investigation officers found a small bottle of what appeared to be vodka on the person of the driver of the tractor-trailer, Alton Batts, 67, of Garland.
Batts was placed under arrest and charged with Intoxication Manslaughter, a second degree felony.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Passenger Blames American Airlines For Wife’s Death
- Movement Underway To Raise Texas Daycare Standards
- Denton County Jail Denies Inmates In-Person Visits
- Monster Truck Theft Leads Police To Auto Theft Ring
- Pothole Problems Will Get Worse Before They Get Better