WYLIE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman is dead and another person badly injured after a heavy duty hauler slammed into their car on Highway 78 in Wylie late Wednesday morning.
Stewart McKenzie (@CBS11Stew) July 23, 2014
According to police, a four-door Nissan driven by 77-year old Dannie Jackson of Wylie pulled in front of a northbound, fully loaded tractor-trailer and was broadsided on the passenger side.
The passenger in the Nissan, Jonel Brown McGehee, 83, of Wylie, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police reports say during the crash investigation officers found a small bottle of what appeared to be vodka on the person of the driver of the tractor-trailer, Alton Batts, 67, of Garland.
Batts was placed under arrest and charged with Intoxication Manslaughter, a second degree felony.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- George W. Bush On Trump And Russia: “We All Need Answers”
- Poll: US Teens Disillusioned, Divided By Politics
- Mavs Fill 2 Spots With 10-Day Contracts After Roster Shuffle
- After Delays Last Week, Corruption Trial Of John Wiley Price Resumes
- Jerry, Jimmy Get Healing Time As Cowboys Celebrate ’92 Team