Tony Romo A “Full-Go” For Training Camp
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
OXNARD, Calif. — The Cowboys are proclaiming rehabbed quarterback Tony Romo a “full-go” for Thursday’s start to training camp.
“We do anticipate him being ready to go for all aspects,” coach Jason Garrett said. “He’s a full go.”
Romo’s recovery from back surgery last December is apparently complete. Romo recently said he was “miles ahead” of where he was a year ago entering camp after an earlier back surgery.
Said Garrett: “He’s made great strides. He has been working hard on his conditioning … It’s been outstanding.”
The Cowboys will monitor Romo, however, to make sure he’s not overworking his arm. Garrett said the club will check daily to ensure “he is not just out there banging balls.”
Romo has already had to come back from a similar back surgery he underwent in April 2013. He recovered and started the first 15 games last season before requiring the second surgery.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Lewisville PD Identify Police Shooting Suspect
- Patients Feel The Pinch Of Higher Generic Drug Prices
- Savvy Shopping Mom Pays It Forward At Christmas
- Oil Boom Brings New Focus To Univ. Of Texas’ Land
- Death Row Inmate’s Case Headed To US Appeals Court
- House Teetering On Cliff Gets Burned Down
- Sheriff Likens Immigration To Hurricane Katrina
- Couple Files Suit After Doctors Remove Wrong Kidney
- Dallas Center Offers ‘Thigh Gap’ Therapy
- Perry Gives Impression He’ll Run For President