AUSTIN (AP) — A University of Texas police spokeswoman says two Longhorns football players have been charged with felony sexual assault and their arrests are pending.
Spokeswoman Cindy Posey says the players charged Thursday are wide receivers Kendall Sanders and Montrel Meander. Sanders also faces a charge of improper photography.
Further details were not immediately available. It was not clear if either player has an attorney.
Sanders, a junior, has played in 23 career games and started seven last year. He has 39 career receptions for 376 yards and one touchdown. Sanders was suspended for the 2013 season opener after a drunken driving arrest.
Meander is a redshirt freshman who did not play last season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cardinals Sign Larry Fitzgerald To 1-Year Extension
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks
- Rev. Jesse Jackson Diagnosed With Parkinson’s Disease
- Shooting & Car Crash In Arlington Leaves 2 Officers, Suspect Injured
- Jerry Jones: ‘Madness’ To Think I Don’t Have NFL’s Best Interests In Mind