DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Police are investigating a Denton jailer after an accusation of brutality from a man who said he was wrongfully arrested for public intoxication.
Street vendor Jason Bishop said he was on Fry street Saturday night with friends when a Denton police officer asked him to move along. The next thing he knew he was under arrest. He went to the jail and said that’s the last thing he remembers.
When Bishop awoke in the jail cell he was suffering from intense pain. The image above shows why.
The jailer is on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation according to Denton Police Department Public Information Officer Daniel Shane Kizer.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Students Trek South To Help Another Football Team
- “Extremely Dangerous” Dam Failure Prompts Evacuations In Puerto Rico
- Tens Of Millions Of Dollars Remain In Past Dallas Bond Programs
- Wheels And Warbirds Come To Addison
- Big Tex, Extra Security In Place As Preparations Continue For State Fair