UPDATE (7:40 a.m.): The northbound lanes of East Loop 820 are now OPEN in Hurst.
Traffic Conditions: http://CBSDFW.com/traffic
HURST (CSBDFW.COM) — A crash in the northbound lanes of East Loop 820 in Hurst has caused an overhead traffic sign to collapse and will likely leave the freeway closed through Thursday morning.
Police say the incident occurred around 3 a.m., when a white pickup truck plowed into a support beam at Highway 10.
The sign fell on the highway, blocking all lanes of the freeway.
No one was seriously hurt in the crash.
Authorities expect the northbound lanes to remain closed until around 9 a.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Top 5 Surprising Ways To Keep Mosquitoes Away
- Controversial Reading Assignment Has Some High School Parents Fuming
- Dallas Mayor Pleased With Grow South Initiative’s Progress
- Sanders Wins Democratic Presidential Primary In Indiana
- Cruz Drops Out Of Race For President