Collapsed Traffic Sign Leaves NB 820 Closed In Hurst
UPDATE (7:40 a.m.): The northbound lanes of East Loop 820 are now OPEN in Hurst.
Traffic Conditions: http://CBSDFW.com/traffic
HURST (CSBDFW.COM) — A crash in the northbound lanes of East Loop 820 in Hurst has caused an overhead traffic sign to collapse and will likely leave the freeway closed through Thursday morning.
Police say the incident occurred around 3 a.m., when a white pickup truck plowed into a support beam at Highway 10.
The sign fell on the highway, blocking all lanes of the freeway.
No one was seriously hurt in the crash.
Authorities expect the northbound lanes to remain closed until around 9 a.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- This Week In Golf: Furyk Gets It Done At RBC Heritage; Zurich Classic Next
- Thieves Leave No Mess While Taking ATM
- 5 Of Boxing’s Most Controversial Fights Ever
- Man Dead After Shooting In Oak Cliff
- Bush To Hand Campaign Tasks To Super PAC