Formerly Conjoined Twins Celebrate First Birthday
DALLAS (AP) — Formerly conjoined twin boys celebrated their first birthday with those who helped care for them at the Dallas hospital where they were separated.
Emmett and Owen Ezell (ee-ZEHL’) returned to Medical City Children’s Hospital for their celebration Thursday. The boys, who turned 1 last week, were separated at the hospital last August, about a month after their birth. The twins, who shared a liver and intestines when born, left the hospital for inpatient rehabilitation in April and finally were able to go home in June.
The boys now breathe on their own but still rely on feeding tubes.
Their mother, Jenni Ezell, says Owen is about to start crawling, and she thinks Emmett will soon be doing likewise.
Click here to see more about the twins journey and video from the day they left the hospital in April, 2014.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Police Searching For Car Jacking Suspect
- Plano’s Vision Of The Future Now The Subject Of Controversy
- Judge Halts Worker’s Comp Claim For Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham
- Blue Bell Voluntarily Recalls All Of Its Products Due To Possible Health Risk
- Driver Rescued From Burning Car By Police Had Just Seconds To Live