Rangers Purchase Contract Of RHP Adcock
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — The Texas Rangers have filled the roster spot vacated by Joakim Soria by purchasing the contract of right-handed pitcher Nate Adcock from Triple-A Round Rock.
Adcock, 26, will be in uniform as the Rangers close out their series against the Yankees on Thursday.
To make room on the 40-man roster, first baseman Mitch Moreland has been transferred to the 60-day DL.
Adcock was a non-roster invitee to spring training camp, but underwent surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome in March.
In 13 relief appearances at Round Rock this season, Adcock is 1-0 with one save and a 2.76 ERA. He has held opposing batters to a .193 average, while striking out 14.
The Rangers major league roster now sits at 40 players.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Animal Shelter Offers Aid To Displaced Pets Due To Flooding
- Keidel: No One Is More Motivated To Win Than LeBron James
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: May 25th-May 29th
- Texas Solidifies Execution Drug Secrecy Protections Into Law
- Officials: Brazos River Flooding To Worsen