Rangers Purchase Contract Of RHP Adcock
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Rangers have filled the roster spot vacated by Joakim Soria by purchasing the contract of right-handed pitcher Nate Adcock from Triple-A Round Rock.
Adcock, 26, will be in uniform as the Rangers close out their series against the Yankees on Thursday.
To make room on the 40-man roster, first baseman Mitch Moreland has been transferred to the 60-day DL.
Adcock was a non-roster invitee to spring training camp, but underwent surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome in March.
In 13 relief appearances at Round Rock this season, Adcock is 1-0 with one save and a 2.76 ERA. He has held opposing batters to a .193 average, while striking out 14.
The Rangers major league roster now sits at 40 players.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Maddux, Magadan Return To Rangers Coaching Staff
- Waxahachie Police Detain Student For Making ‘Hit List’
- Death Of Texas Girl In Refrigerator Ruled Homicide
- Kenseth Still Feels Terrible After Harvick Wreck
- Aggies Could Have New QB For Game Against LA-Monroe