Rangers Purchase Contract Of RHP Adcock
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — The Texas Rangers have filled the roster spot vacated by Joakim Soria by purchasing the contract of right-handed pitcher Nate Adcock from Triple-A Round Rock.
Adcock, 26, will be in uniform as the Rangers close out their series against the Yankees on Thursday.
To make room on the 40-man roster, first baseman Mitch Moreland has been transferred to the 60-day DL.
Adcock was a non-roster invitee to spring training camp, but underwent surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome in March.
In 13 relief appearances at Round Rock this season, Adcock is 1-0 with one save and a 2.76 ERA. He has held opposing batters to a .193 average, while striking out 14.
The Rangers major league roster now sits at 40 players.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Driver Rescued From Burning Car By Police Had Just Seconds To Live
- Fort Worth Police Searching For Car Jacking Suspect
- Plano’s Vision Of The Future Now The Subject Of Controversy
- Judge Halts Worker’s Comp Claim For Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham
- Blue Bell Voluntarily Recalls All Of Its Products Due To Possible Health Risk