WICHITA FALLS (AP) — A North Texas street department worker has been stung about 1,000 times by aggressive bees that also attacked two co-workers who tried to help him.
Wichita Falls officials blamed Thursday’s attack on Africanized honey bees.
Spokesman Barry Levy says a swarm attacked a worker mowing grass along culverts near the Weeks Park Tennis Center. He says the man was hospitalized in good condition.
Levy says two co-workers also were stung when they came to the man’s aid. One was also hospitalized in good condition, while the other was treated and discharged.
One worker fled into a nearby tennis center, bringing the swarm with him. The center, a nearby trail and part of a golf course remain closed until personnel confirm the bees are gone.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas County Reports Second Human Case Of West Nile Virus
- WWE: Raw, SmackDown To Eventually Become Online Only
- Boy Scout Leader Apologizes For Trump’s Political Rhetoric
- GE Cutting Hundreds Of Jobs At Pennsylvania Plant, Relocating To Fort Worth
- 2017 Mountain West Conference Football Preview: West Division