OXNARD, Calif (105.3 THE FAN) – “Full-go” has become “no-go.”
The Cowboys announced on the eve of the start of training camp that Tony Romo would be “full-go” following his second back surgery. But in Thursday’s initial workout he did not take the first-team full-speed snaps. And after Romo participated in the Friday morning walk-through, coach Jason Garrett said the quarterback will not take part in the afternoon workout.
“Our approach with him throughout training camp is to be very mindful of being out there twice a day, and particularly twice a day on consecutive days,” Garrett said.
After the morning workout, Romo huddled on the field with COO Stephen Jones and trainer Jim Maurer. He did not seem in any discomfort, and on Thursday evening, Romo said he is not experiencing any back pain.
The Cowboys are suggesting the inactivity is a preventative measure and simply part of a ramp-up that includes almost four hours daily of rehab work for the 34-year-old QB.
“I know we’re only out here for a walkthrough format, but when you’re coming off a back issue like Tony has sometimes just being out on your feet like that can be taxing,” Garrett said. “So we just want to be mindful as we start training camp, continue to communicate with him and others to make sure we’re all on the same page. He’s making progress.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hunters Charged In Texas Shooting Had Blamed Illegal Immigrants
- Toughening Penalties If Pets Are Harmed During Crimes
- Man Arrested For Slaying Of Caldwell County Teen Last Year
- SpaceX Launches Rocket From NASA’s Historic Moon Pad
- ‘Lego Batman’ Stays No. 1, Conquers ‘The Great Wall’