DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Dallas Fire Rescue assisted in a high angle rescue early Friday morning after a man fell over 20 feet into a ditch.
The rescue occurred around 2:45 a.m. just north of I-635 near Audelia in northeast Dallas.
A security guard at a nearby apartment complex heard the victim screaming and found him in the ditch. The man who had fallen reportedly told the security guard, “Some dudes were chasing me and I ran through the bushes and fell in.”
The man has been transported to Baylor Medical Center in Dallas with injuries to his leg.
Authorities have yet to release any details on the men chasing the victim.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Anger, Disappointment By North Texas Republicans After Senate Obamacare Vote
- Cowboys Sign Luke McCown As Backup Quarterback
- Arlington Sets Up New Road Rage Hotline
- Popular Dallas Restaurant Crumbling From Foundation Problems
- Group Raises Money For AC Units For Seniors With Limited Income