DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Dallas Fire Rescue assisted in a high angle rescue early Friday morning after a man fell over 20 feet into a ditch.
The rescue occurred around 2:45 a.m. just north of I-635 near Audelia in northeast Dallas.
A security guard at a nearby apartment complex heard the victim screaming and found him in the ditch. The man who had fallen reportedly told the security guard, “Some dudes were chasing me and I ran through the bushes and fell in.”
The man has been transported to Baylor Medical Center in Dallas with injuries to his leg.
Authorities have yet to release any details on the men chasing the victim.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Officer Known For Helping Others Needs Support
- Wounded Marine To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Middle-Schoolers Ceremoniously Vote To Remove Confederate General’s Name From School
- Horse Center Founder Explains Why He Shut Down Special Needs Program
- Exclusive Interview: Tony Romo Talks Surgery, Downplays Injury