National Outdoor Art Show To Hit Billboards
NEW YORK (AP) – Famous artwork is about to hit America’s streets and public places.
“Art Everywhere US” is billed as the world’s largest outdoor art show.
Images of American artworks will appear on billboards, bus stops, digital display boards and on subway platforms.
The kickoff is Aug. 4 in New York’s Times Square. The project runs through Aug. 31.
The 58 works were selected after a public online vote on 100 works nominated by curators of five leading American museums.
They include pieces by Edward Hopper, Winslow Homer and Mary Cassatt.
The participating museums are the Art Institute of Chicago, Dallas Museum of Art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, National Gallery of Art and Whitney Museum of American Art.
The project was conceived in 2013 in the U.K. with works by British artists.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 Texans Indicted In 5 New Jersey Home Invasions
- Arlington PD Need Public’s Help Locating Suspect
- Cowboys Working To Restructure Romo’s Contract
- Microbrewery Laws Being Considered Nationwide
- NFL Will View Photos From Hardy’s Domestic Violence Trial