Wylie Teen Tried As Adult In Murder Case
COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM)- Wylie teen accused of killing a fellow student will be tried as an adult.
A Collin County judge made the ruling Friday. Brendan Bridges, who was 16 at the time, is one of two teens accused of killing 17-year old Ivan Mejia in a dispute over a girl in March of this year.
If convicted of first-degree murder, Bridges could spend the rest of his life in prison.
Collin County prosecutors said Bridges and another teen were caught trying to dump Mejia’s body.
Prosecutors accused the two planned the murder for nearly a week when they learned one of them was dating the same girl as Mejia.
Authorities say one of the suspects put Mejia in a headlock and pinched his nose, while the other stuffed a sock in his mouth.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting