NTTA Opens Another Direct Connector Ramp
PLANO, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The North Texas Tollway Authority opened a direct-connector ramp from northbound Chisholm Trail Parkway to eastbound I-20 earlier Saturday.
This is the latest phase of the CTP project.
All mainlanes of the 27.6 mile roadway opened to traffic in May.
CTP provides a continuous route for motorists traveling from the downtown Fort Worth business district south to Cleburne.
The phased opening of the corridor is expected provides increased mobility and safety for area motorists.
In the weeks and months ahead, motorists can expect finishing touches to be added to the roadway.
CTP will alleviate congestion on Interstate 35W, State Highway 174, FM 1187, Bryant Irvin Road, Hulen Street and other roadways.
The roadway marks NTTA’s first venture in Tarrant and Johnson counties.
The $1.4 billion CTP project is one more cornerstone representing the region’s commitment to cooperative partnerships.
This collaborative effort among the NTTA, the Texas Department of Transportation and the North Central Texas Council of
Governments includes both Johnson and Tarrant counties and the cities of Burleson, Cleburne and Fort Worth, Union Pacific Railroad and Fort Worth and Western Railroad.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Postal Distribution Center Catches Fire
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Man Exposes Himself To High School Cheerleader
- Suspect Arrested, Charged In Deputy Killing
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting