DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – County Commissioner John Wiley Price attended church service at Friendship West Baptist Church Sunday morning in good spirits.
Fellow church parishioners greeted Price with hugs and words of encouragement as well as taking photos.
Price’s pastor, Dr. Fredrick Haynes addressed the congregation at both services Sunday morning about Price’s arrest and his hovering legal challenges.
Haynes encouraged the congregation not to be influenced by media coverage.
“It is very important, very important that we not allow anyone and I mean anyone to rewrite history and tell us who he is. We know who Commissioner John Wiley Price is,” said Pastor Haynes.
For Haynes, Price is innocent until proven guilty and the current case against him doesn’t erode his work for his constitutions.
“[He’s innocent] until proven guilty. At this point I would never say [guilty] because the fact I’ve seen the public servant. I’ve seen his sacrifice.
I’ve seen when the cameras are not around, when he is not downtown, and so if anything he has been overly generous,” said Pastor Haynes.
Pastor Haynes said Price was in good spirits Sunday and told him that he is doing fine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- No. 16 Oklahoma Goes For 4th-Straight Win vs. Texas Tech
- Cubs Beat Dodgers 8-4, Head Home With 3-2 lead In NLCS
- Obama Appeals Block On School Transgender Rules
- Oklahoma OC Lincoln Riley Adds Ground Game To Air Raid
- Elliott, Surprising Prescott Give Dallas Backfield Of Future
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting