WISE COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) One person is dead after being hit in a two-vehicle accident about 12:30 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of U.S. 380 and Farm Road 1658 in Bridgeport.
A pickup was traveling west on U.S. 380 and ran the red light , hitting a vehicle traveling southbound on 1658 through the intersection.
The passengers in the car hit needed immediate medical attention.
One victim, 78-year-old James Aden, was trapped in the car. He was flown to John Peter Smith Hospital in Ft. Worth. He is expected to survive.
The other victim Aden’s wife, 72-year-old Margaret Aden, was being transported to the hospital but she died in the back of the ambulance vehicle.
The driver of the pickup, Zachary Sloan, was arrested on suspicion of intoxicated manslaughter. He was not injured and had no passengers.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Demonstration Against Sexual Violence Planned At Baylor University
- CDC Emergency Ops Center Moves To Highest Level Of Activation For Zika Response
- Texas-Sized Surprise: J.J. Visits AT&T Stadium
- High Winds Cause Dallas Mobile Home Fire To Spread
- Health Inspection Scores Online For Lewisville Restaurants
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting