ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The Tarrant county medical examiner’s office confirmed Sunday the body found by Arlington police Saturday was that woman reported missing by family.
84-year-old Dahabo Elmi, did not return home from a walk Saturday morning.
She went missing from her home in the 2000 block of Mayfield Villa.
Her body was found in a drainage canal just a few blocks from there.
It was around 7:45 p.m. police say, that the body of a woman matching the description was found.
The cause of death has not yet been confirmed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth To Expand Technology To Track Heavy Rainfall
- Three Storm Chasers Killed Near Lubbock
- Grant Hill On Final Four: ‘Any One Of These Teams Capable Of Winning’
- Texas Spending Bill Passes Senate Amid Budget Woes
- Shot And Left For Dead, Dog Recovering After Amputation
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting