OXNARD (105.3 THE FAN) — In the middle of our weekend visit with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, his phone rang.
“Hey baby, happy birthday!” Jerry said to his daughter Charlotte, the team executive who turned 48 on Saturday.
Did Jerry — who’d spent half the day with her already — spend most of the day forgetting to congratulate Charlotte on her birthday? Like, Molly Ringwald in “Sixteen Candles”-style?
“I wanted to give her a birthday hug (earlier) but I got all caught up in the drills,” said Jerry, who then explained why his phone is a rather archaic flip-phone.
“Hey,” he chuckled. “No butt-dialin’.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- ‘I Am Seeking The Best Solutions’: Governor Abbott To Host Series Of Events On School Safety
- Police Say Oak Lawn Robbery, Assault Victims Were Targeted For Being Gay
- Pricey Perks For North Texas Superintendents
- Parents Arrested After Children Left In Hot Car While They Shopped
- Iconic Dallas Real Estate Firm To Sells To Berkshire Hathaway Affiliate
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting