Fish With Back Talk, And Beer Talk, With Romo
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
OXNARD (105.3 THE FAN) – Tony Romo engaged in the Tuesday morning walkthrough, visited with me about beer sponsorships and goofy signal calls and involved himself in a decision to sit out this afternoon’s Cowboys practice as he ramps his way up to “full-go” coming off back surgery.
“Tony is not going to do anything this afternoon,’’ coach Jason Garrett said. “He got his work in this morning in some of the walk-thru sessions.’’
The Cowboys continue to assert that Romo has not experienced any setbacks. For Romo’s part, he was in good mid-day spirits as I asked him about making playcalls during the morning session that included him barking, “Miller Lite! Miller Lite!” and “Shanahan off!”
“What you find is Miller Lite is the official beer of the Cowboys, so they pay a lot of money to get their name on some of this stuff,” Romo told me. “But a lot of it is just junk. A lot of it is just stuff you’re saying that (everybody) knows by signalling or by footwork or different things. So it can just be junk words.”
I was respectful of the Cowboys’ beer of choice, of course, despite 105.3 The Fan’s preference for Bud Light — especially at our Bud Light Beach House in Oxnard. But I did ask Romo if he’d ever gotten a little too clever, a little too humorous, and gotten eyerolls or chuckles back from his teammates.
“Oh yeah, sometimes,” he said. “Sometimes there’s no rhyme or reason to it.”
Romo’s mood is good. Hopefully he back will be, too. And ideally, there is a preventative rhyme and reason for him missing some early work in this camp.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- One Dead After Fort Worth Apartment Fire
- Eagles Carve Up Cowboys
- Owner Jerry Jones ‘Very Disappointed’ Of Cowboys Performance
- Wolfson Talks Packers Vs. Patriots
- States Differ On Need For Bitcoin Oversight
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting