Lone Star Memories For Jeter Include Playoffs
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter remembers the playoff games in Texas _ the good and the bad.
Before starting his final series against the Rangers on Monday, Jeter says those playoff games are what stand out for him against Texas.
Jeter’s rookie season in 1996 ended with the Yankees winning the World Series after clinching their opening playoff series in Texas, just like they did in 1998 and 1999. Then, in 2010, the Rangers got their first AL pennant with a home win over New York in Game 6 of the AL championship series.
The Rangers will honor Jeter in a pregame ceremony before the series finale Wednesday night.
Jeter got a standing ovation in the first inning Monday night, then singled on the first pitch Yu Darvish threw him.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A Grieving Mother’s Question to Police: “Wouldn’t You Get Him Medical Treatment Before An Arrest?”
- Report: Fort Worth Police & Fire Taking Longer To Respond
- Security Changes For DFW Airport After Weekend Scare
- Arlington Teen Makes A Wish To Further His Education
- Police: Serial Rapist Offered In-Home Massage And Hair Services
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting