Manziel’s College Jersey Up For Auction
CLEVELAND (AP) — One of the jerseys Johnny Manziel wore during his Heisman Trophy-winning season at Texas A&M will be auctioned off this week.
The No. 2 jersey, with an estimated value of $100,000, was worn for six games in 2012 by Manziel, the dazzling quarterback who became the first freshman to win college football’s most prestigious award. It will be up for auction online starting on Aug. 6 through the National Sports Collectors Convention.
Manziel is in his first NFL training camp with the Browns. He’s battling Brian Hoyer to win Cleveland’s starting job.
The Browns selected Manziel with the No. 22 overall pick in May’s draft.
Manziel’s arrival in Cleveland has heightened interest in the Browns, who have been drawing large crowds to their training camp.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman Nearly Drowns In Backyard Pool
- Patrol Car Struck By Hit And Run Driver
- Long-Awaited Arrest In Dallas Park Beating Brings Relief
- It’s not how you start: Rangers focused on every part of marathon season
- Attempted Robber Shot In Dallas
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting