DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Mavericks have signed forward Ivan Johnson after he started all five games for their summer league team.
Johnson averaged 7.8 points and 3.8 rebounds in the Las Vegas league. The contract was announced on Tuesday.
The 6-foot-8 Johnson played last season with Zhejiang Chouzhou in China. He averaged 26 points and 9.9 rebounds in 24 games.
Johnson played 125 games over two seasons with Atlanta ending in 2013. He has career averages of 6.5 points and 3.9 rebounds.
The 30-year-old Johnson started his pro career in the NBA Development League with Rio Grande Valley and Anaheim.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Houston Flooding Causes Release Of 1M Gallons Of Wastewater
- Trump Names Georgia’s Perdue As Agriculture Secretary
- Over 652K Vehicles Involved In Latest Takata Air Bag Recall
- Romo’s Next Post-Cowboys Move? Retirement?
- Netflix’s DVD Service Faces Uncertain Future
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting