Mavs Sign F Ivan Johnson After Year In China
DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Mavericks have signed forward Ivan Johnson after he started all five games for their summer league team.
Johnson averaged 7.8 points and 3.8 rebounds in the Las Vegas league. The contract was announced on Tuesday.
The 6-foot-8 Johnson played last season with Zhejiang Chouzhou in China. He averaged 26 points and 9.9 rebounds in 24 games.
Johnson played 125 games over two seasons with Atlanta ending in 2013. He has career averages of 6.5 points and 3.9 rebounds.
The 30-year-old Johnson started his pro career in the NBA Development League with Rio Grande Valley and Anaheim.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- U.S. Surges Past Panama 4-0 In Soccer Qualifier
- Thousands Of Drug Inmates Approved For Early Prison Release
- Dallas Police Look For Missing Diabetic Man
- Wal-Mart Expands Protein Bars To Main Grocery Aisles
- More Traffic Issues As TV Production Continues
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting