Perry: NH Should Be Embarrassed By Shaheen
Get Breaking News First
BOSTON (AP) - Texas Gov. Rick Perry says New Hampshire voters should be embarrassed by Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen’s record on border security.
The Republican governor weighed in on New Hampshire’s Senate race on Tuesday in a conference call with reporters. Shaheen will likely face former Republican Sen. Scott Brown in a re-election test this fall.
Perry has become a leading Republican voice in the immigration debate as he considers another run for president. The issue has emerged in elections nationwide as Central American children seek refuge at the border.
Perry charges that Shaheen has jeopardized New Hampshire citizens by not supporting stronger measures to secure the Mexican border.
The state Democratic Party calls the Republican attacks desperate. Democrats note that Shaheen supported a comprehensive immigration bill that increased funding for border security.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Washington Post Editor Ben Bradlee Dies At 93
- Kimberly-Clark To Cut Up To 1,300 Jobs
- New North Texas Ebola Treatment Facility To Open Wednesday
- Oilman Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies At 88
- Business Owners Admit To Scamming Texas Schools
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting