DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — SMU finished 5th under head coach June Jones in the American Athletic Conference last season. Apparently, nothing has changed.
The Mustangs were once again picked 5th in the AAC by a panel of media experts.
Cincinnati has been picked to win the conference, with defending champion Central Florida second.
The Bearcats went 9-4 last season under coach Tommy Tuberville and returns 16 starters. They received 17 of 30 first-place votes from the media panel and 311 points.
UCF, which went 12-1 and beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl last season, received seven first-place votes and 296 points. The Knights return 17 starters but must replace quarterback Blake Bortles.
Houston was picked third with six first-place votes, followed by conference newcomer East Carolina.
SMU was picked fifth, South Florida sixth and Memphis seventh.
Temple came in eighth. UConn was tied for ninth with Tulane, also in its first season in the American.
Tulsa was picked last in its first season in the conference.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- HGTV’s Joanna & Chip Gaines Welcome 5th Child
- Press Secretary Sanders Says She Was Told To Leave Virginia Restaurant
- Pantera Drummer, Co-Founder Vinnie Paul Dies At 54
- Some Immigrants Seeking Asylum Want To Make North Texas Home
- Texas Senators: Balance Zero-Tolerance And Compassion
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting