DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Sheriff’s Association says they don’t want the legalization of marijuana to ever happen in Texas.
Denton County Sheriff Will Travis led a vote among other sheriffs Monday, passing a resolution opposing the legalization of weed to the Sheriffs’ Association of Texas Legislative Committee.
At least two proposed house bills would decriminalize marijuana in Texas, legalizing medical marijuana in the State if passed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Oklahoma Bashes Oklahoma State 58-23 In Bedlam
- LSU Defeat Texas A&M 19-7
- Arlington Homicide Detectives Investigating 20-Year-Old Man’s Death
- 23-Year-Old Charged With Murder Following Witness Tip
- UTEP Defeats North Texas 20-17
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting