Wife Of Fort Worth Doctor With Ebola Thanks Supporters
CBS DFW (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSDFW.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSDFW.com/Health
Amber Brantly says in a statement Tuesday that her husband Kent “remains very physically weak” but they “believe God will deliver” him from the deadly virus.
Brantly and the couple’s 3- and 5-year-old children left Liberia for a scheduled visit to the United States on July 20. Days later, Kent Brantly quarantined himself in the isolation ward of a hospital where he was treating Ebola patients after testing positive for the disease. His host organization Samaritan’s Purse has recalled non-essential employees from Liberia.
Amber Brantly and the children are in Abilene under a 21-day fever watch but are not believed to have contracted the illness.
The Ebola outbreak in Africa has spread through at least three countries in the region.
More than 670 people have died and officials in Sierra Leone say the virus is getting worse.
In Liberia, they are closing some borders — and instituting strict quarantines in communities affected by the outbreak.
Ebola spreads through bodily fluids. There is no known cure for the virus.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Police: 1 NYC Cop Dead In shooting, 2nd Critical
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- Harris County Grand Juries Lack Hispanics
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting