Cowboys Rookie Lawrence Out With Broken Foot
OXNARD (105.3 THE FAN) – Rookie defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence — labeled a “quarterback hunter” by the Cowboys when they traded up for him in the second round of this spring’s NFL Draft — is expected to miss at least two months with what sources confirm is a fractured right foot.
Lawrence, the Boise State product who’d set a lofty personal goal of 10 sacks this season, sustained the injury in a one-on-one drill against Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith in individual drills.
Lawrence, despite his promise, was working as the second-team right defensive end. Veteran newcomer Jeremy Mincey may have secured that job now, with versatile swing man Tyrone Crawford also in the mix.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Schools Split On Decision To Close Early
- Details Released On Major Oil Shipments By Rail Through Texas
- Rondo Moving On With Mavs After Outburst, Suspension
- Some Toll Roads Suspending Fees For Snow Day
- Cowtown Marathon Cancels Saturday Races, Reschedules Sunday Races
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting