Cowboys Tyron ‘Home’ With New $100M+ Contract
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
OXNARD, Calif. (105.3 THE FAN) – A few months ago, Pro Bowl offensive tackle Tyron Smith purchased a home in anticipation of being a Cowboy for life.
Smith now has his home, has his contract and has that life. The Cowboys have agreed with the 23-year-old star on an eight-year extension through 2023, with sources close to the negotiations putting the total value of the deal in excess of $108 million.
The base salary is moved near the vet’s minimum, and the signing bonus is as relatively small at $10 million — likely a cap-friendly consideration as Dallas works to secure a new deal for fellow young standout Dez Bryant.
Smith, selected in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft, is already a premier player of whom coach Jason Garrett says, “Simply does everything right.”
In that he had two years remaining on his existing contract (counting the 2015 fifth-year option the Cowboys picked up this spring), Dallas tells its done right by its cap and its player.
And Tyron Smith has done well for himself, too.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Agriculture Commissioner Staples To Resign
- Former Rangers Manager Ron Washington To Break Silence On Resignation
- PepsiCo Wants NFL To ‘Seize The Moment’
- Suspect Search Closes Fort Worth School
- Outdoor Warning Siren Malfunction Alarms Fort Worth Residents
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting