Fans Run On Field As Roma Tops Real Madrid At Cotton Bowl
DALLAS (AP) — Approximately 20 fans ran on the field in the 87th minute of AS Roma’s 1-0 victory over Real Madrid at the Cotton Bowl on Tuesday night, disrupting play in the International Champions Cup match.
The group of mostly young men appeared to overwhelm the security officials working the game. One man waived a Palestinian flag as he ran across the field.
Players and officials waited patiently as the visitors were rounded up and removed from the scene. Some of the players stretched while others just stood with their hands on their hips as the fans ran by looking for some sort of acknowledgement.
Francesco Totti scored the only goal on a cross from Alessandro Florenzi from the right side in the 58th minute.
AS Roma nearly made it 2-0 about a minute later, but Adem Ljajic had a close miss. Real Madrid’s Isco shot just right of the goal in the 60th minute.
AS Roma played tight defense from there to keep its championship hopes alive. AS Roma can advance to the championship game with a win over Inter and a loss by Manchester United on Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- $5,000 Reward Offered For Information On Cat Burning
- Father And Son Recovering After Dune Buggy Hits Bull
- Injured Rio Vista HS Football Player Joins Team On Sideline
- 2 Found Dead In Wendy’s Parking Lot
- 94-Year-Old Shows Adrenaline Knows No Age Limit
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting