FRISCO, Texas (AP) — FC Dallas has traded midfielder Andrew Jacobson to expansion New York City FC for a third-round pick in the 2016 MLS SuperDraft.
The deal was announced Tuesday, about eight months before New York’s newest team starts play in Yankee Stadium next March. Jacobson becomes the fifth player on the expansion team’s roster.
Jacobson, 28, started 85 of his 98 matches with Dallas since being acquired in a trade from Philadelphia on Feb. 18, 2011. He has five goals and seven assists in 140 career games.
For the rest of this year, Jacobson will be on loan to Stabaek in Norway, a team coached by former U.S. National team coach Bob Bradley.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Surveillance Video Shows Speeding Problem On Duncanville Street
- Building Codes Require New Schools To Include Tornado Shelters, But Many Won’t Have Them
- Dallas Mom Survives Stray Bullet To The Head
- Flooded Homeowners Sue Houston, Alleging Negligence
- Police Arrest Man After High Speed Chase With Infant
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting