Cowboys Ink Tyron Smith To 8-Year Extension
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Cowboys have signed Pro Bowl offensive tackle Tyron Smith to an 8-year extension, 105.3 The Fan confirms.
The extension, which is reportedly worth $98 million over 8 years, keeps Smith in Dallas through 2023.
To prevent Smith from becoming a free agent in 2015, the Cowboys exercised the fifth-year option on Smith this offseason with plans to work out an extension. The option was to pay Smith $10.039 million in 2015.
Smith, 23, made his first Pro Bowl and was 2nd team All Pro in 2013.
The Cowboys drafted Smith out of USC with the 9th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Injury Report: Linebackers Back to Full Strength
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Prayers Answered By Nurse Nina Pham’s Return To Texas
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting