DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys have signed Pro Bowl offensive tackle Tyron Smith to an 8-year extension, 105.3 The Fan confirms.
The extension, which is reportedly worth $98 million over 8 years, keeps Smith in Dallas through 2023.
To prevent Smith from becoming a free agent in 2015, the Cowboys exercised the fifth-year option on Smith this offseason with plans to work out an extension. The option was to pay Smith $10.039 million in 2015.
Smith, 23, made his first Pro Bowl and was 2nd team All Pro in 2013.
The Cowboys drafted Smith out of USC with the 9th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Teen Gets Wish Granted – His Own ‘Batcave’
- Plano Firefighter Finishes Yard Work For 90-Year-Old Who Collapsed Outside
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Co-Stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie Married In Scotland
- Bicyclist In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Vehicle In Frisco
- Beltre, Chirinos Help Lead Rangers To 7th Straight Win
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting