HALTOM CITY (CBSDFW.COM) – A migraine sufferer who was referred to a spiritual healer, also known as a “Curandero” in the Latino community told police he sexually assaulted her.
She also told police that the man, identified as Mario Alexander Gil, told her to refer to him as “master.” Gil only accepted $500 in cash for each visit. It wasn’t until the survivor’s fourth visit that she said he sexually assaulted her.
Haltom City police arrested the 42-year-old so-called “healer” who advertised in a Hispanic newspaper called “La Subasta.”
Police said they believe he victimized other women who may be afraid to come forward. Gil is a predator who takes advantage of women under the guise of helping them, according to the report.
If anyone has more information on this incident or suspect, or is a victim of this type of incident involving Gil, please contact Haltom City Police Detective Limones at 817.222.7081.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Harvey Weinstein Surrenders In Sex Assault Investigation
- Trump Pardons Late Boxer Jack Johnson A Century Later
- Hearing For Accused Florida School Shooter Rescheduled
- Lava From Hawaii Volcano Enters Ocean From 3 Flows
- Rachel Dolezal Accused Of Welfare Fraud After Race Scandal
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting
Joe Hackfeld, Corporal
Media Relations Officer