UFC: Anderson Silva To Return Jan. 31 Vs Nick Diaz
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Former UFC champion Anderson Silva will return to the octagon Jan. 31 against Nick Diaz in Las Vegas.
UFC President Dana White made the announcement Tuesday.
Silva (33-6) hasn’t fought since December, when the Brazilian star shattered his left shin in a bout with Chris Weidman.
The 39-year-old Silva had won 16 straight fights and made 10 consecutive title defenses before back-to-back losses to Weidman, who took the middleweight belt from Silva in July 2013. Silva refused to retire after his gruesome injury, instead working toward a comeback.
The popular Diaz (26-9) is a former Strikeforce welterweight champion, but he has lost both of his UFC title shots.
Diaz has fought just once since February 2012, losing a decision to former UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre last year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- High School Athletes Shoot For Clean Bill Of Health Before School
- Trains Silencing Horns Through Downtown Mesquite
- Mavs Sign First Round Draft Pick Justin Anderson
- Frisco Police Investigating Deadly Shooting
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting