DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Don’t miss out on Dallas Arboretum’s August Dollar Days. Just $1 grants you admission and another $1 will give you access to the new Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden.
The garden is covered with 8,000 square feet of misters to help keep the kiddos cool.
Tickets must be purchased at the gate to receive special offer. Hot dogs, small drinks, and smoothies will also be available for purchase for $1. Parking is normally $10. Discounted parking for $5 can be purchased online.
The Arboretums’ store, the Hoffman Family Gift Store, will also be having a sale from August 8th through the 23rd. Items including toys, jackets, dishes, and jewelry will be discounted up to 50 percent.
If you don’t make it out in August, the Arboretum is offering specials in September too. General admission to the Arboretum over Labor Day weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) will be $5 with FREE admission to the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden.
The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is located at 8526 Garland Road, Dallas, Texas 75218.
It is open daily from 9 a.m. -5 p.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hear From Heroic Texas Firefighter On Southwest Airlines Flight 1380
- Minnesota Prosecutor Won’t File Charges In Prince’s Death
- Target Offering Car Seat Discounts For Trading In Your Old One
- Diaz-Canel Replaces Raul Castro As Cuba’s President
- Fort Worth Teen Injured In Abduction Attempt On Way To School
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes
- Collin County Commissioner Warns Of Illegal Immigrant Tsunami
- Dallas County Commissioner Arrested, Pleads Not Guilty To Federal Charges
- Suspected Illegal Immigrant Arrested For Taking Lewd Pictures Of Women
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting